Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lens Review: ColourVue Big Eyes Sweet Honey

I've gotten a lot of questions about this one, but I couldn't really answer because I'd forgotten what it was called, haha. I got these at CandyLens.com, but they don't sell them anymore. So here's a review!

Here's how they look inside the case (can't show what they look like in the bottle, because I've had this for a long time):

Specs

Diameter:15mm

Water Content: 45%

Base Curve: 8.6mm

When I first got it, I didn't really think much at all, because the design of the lens may not register when you actually wear it. HOWEVER. At first glance, when you compare the picture online to what you get, it's totally different. I picked it out because I wanted to replace my Hazel lenses, but chose to get something more brown. Anyways, the picture online is like a subtle, kind of natural brown, but when you put it in, it's really really obvious. Like an unnatural yellow brown. So I kind of felt like I was duped. But I still like them, regardless!

Here is the size difference:

(bad lighting- sowwie!)

I give it a 9.8/10, in consideration for people with smaller eyes than mine. There is really an enlargement effect on the eye, and that's exactly what we're all going for, right?! At first, they were so big it was kind of off-putting for me, but now I think the enlargement is perfect:)

Now the design!

Flash:

No Flash:

Really Unflattering Lighting:

So as you can see, no matter what, the color pops! If you want something a bit more natural, these aren't the lenses for you. Especially since they are, like I said, more like a yellow brown. It'd be really nice if you wanted to dress up like a wolf or a cat :D As far as design goes, I give it a 10/10 because the design isn't totally outrageous and they kind of remind me of light flooding down in a dark place underwater(if that makes any sense?!) Anyways. I think it's pretty, haha.

What about Comfortability? Erhmahgawrd. It's like a 20/10! They are sooo comfortable, it barely feels like they're on! I can wear them for hours without the slightest irritation. They are just wonderful for my eyes, which makes them one of my favorites so far~ Actually, sometimes they're more comfortable than my regular contact lenses, so these are just amazing for me.

OVERALL Definitely a 10/10 if you want a color that pops! Although they weren't what I was going for at first (if you couldn't tell, haha), I definitely love them a lot. I admit it took me awhile to get used to the color, but that's because I always chose lenses that barely showed unless in the sunlight. However! These ones kind of prompted me into wanting to get more showy colors, like gray and green~ I'll post up on that when I get some. And in case you're wondering, I'd recommend these lenses to anybody :)

1 comment:

  1. Sooo late to the party. I have been researching circle lenses...I know, like 6 years late and I found your site. You are adorable. Have you worn the Geo Bellas? and the Geo Tri-Color?

    ReplyDelete