Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Birthday Haul (Random)

Hey guys! My birthday was the other day (18 woohoo), so what better way to celebrate legally becoming an adult than to haul your ass to the mall with a friend and spoil yourselves?! Okay, I could've probably done better, but hey, it was tax-free weekend and this girl had money to blow on Victoria's Secret :)

So this is my stash from Sunday:

A total of 2 bras, 6 pairs of undies, a bathing suit, sandals, and some makeup. A little less than $300 spent.

Sadly, the majority was spent on Victoria's Secret. Some people find it to be a total waste of money, but I beg to differ! Victoria's Secret employees are very helpful when it comes to body issues, and the quality of the underwear is top notch. I don't have to worry about an awkward fit or anything of the sort. Plus, it makes me feel pretty. When you have an Ugly Day, gorgeous underwear makes it all the better - even if you're the only one that knows what you've got underneath your clothes. You're like a sexy surprise, and that's an automatic confidence booster. Maybe. It is for me, at least.

My only problem is that I just horde underwear. I hardly want to wear it if it's pretty. My own little shrine of sexy panties. *sigh* So I buy more to make up for me not wanting to wear what I already have.

Aside from my panty obsession, I bought those cute pair of sandals for only $20 at Off Broadway Shoes!! Everything's on clearance for the upcoming fall season, so if you've got one near you, I suggest you take advantage of the sales! Up to 60% off, so it's a really great deal.

For the makeup, I really just wanted to buy some red lipstick, because I had lost my only lip gloss. I went to Sephora and just pretty much melted with all of the options I had. I ended up getting Nars Cosmetic's Semi-Matte lipstick ($24) in Heat Wave, because it had a slight (very very slight) tinge of orange to it that me and Izzy (my shopping partner-in-crime) really really liked.

Here's a picture:

I love the lipstick because it goes on easily, and it doesn't dry out your lips. Of course, always use lip balm or exfoliate your lips before it, or it'll go on cracked-looking no matter what you do!

To add to that (because Izzy is too persuasive), I ended up getting Too Faced Natural Face Palette ($36). I've never really bought expensive eyeshadow until now because I hardly wear it, and I'm not the type to get pissed off if it fades a little. But this eyeshadow palette is definitely suitable for long wear, because I had it on all day until I cried it off (haha). I absolutely love the palette, and like Izzy said (with her winning words), it's perfect for your everyday look! The colors are soft and pretty, too, and you can wear it with every outfit.

In the picture, I had chosen the "Classic" look. I'd have one with my eyes open but I accidentally deleted it. Woopsie! But yeah, it's really nice. I recommend it:)

I might buy some more Too Faced products in the future, but not anytime soon. Their eyebrow kit had piqued my interest for quite a while now, but because I'm cheap (really - I am), I can do my eyebrows with other items and it works just the same, if not better. I might do a mini-tutorial on that later.

Anyways. That was how I spent my birthday! Thanks for reading, and I'll post more interesting stuff up soon (I'm currently awaiting the arrival of two new pairs of circle lenses). Remember ladies, it's always good to spoil yourself every now and then! For all that you go through every month and throughout life, why the hell not?! Have fun:) Byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment