Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Honoo Green Lens Review

Okay, I totally said I was going to put a review on this a few days ago, but I lied. Yay for procrastination!! These are my first green lenses, so overall quite a pleasant experience. Here are the specs:

Diameter: 15mm

Water content: 55%

The circle lenses have by far the best water content I have seen out of the rest of the lot, so that's why I decided to give these ones in particular a go. I'm definitely happy that I did :)

Here's what they look like on me:

I decided to skip the enlargement/what it looks like in the case, because I figured my eyes won't give an accurate showing of just how big they can make your eyes, plus, how they look in the case is irrelevant unless there's a design on them that disappears or something. I might just edit this post and put it in there at some point, just to be thorough. HOWEVER, I am lazy today.

Design

I give it an 8/10. It definitely shows up in all lighting (it's just shy of glowing in the dark - joke). The color is a hunter green. So it's deeeeeep, really pretty actually. No, it doesn't look natural, but it's still nice to wear. My boyfriend likes them (yay). They make your overall skin tone look lighter, too. At least it did with me. Maybe that happens with all lighter-colored lenses. Hmm. Anyways, I don't give it a perfect score because they look a tad bit unnatural. It might throw some people off. But it's opacity definitely makes it suitable for those with very dark eyes like mine.

Enlargement

7/10. It makes my eyes larger, yeah. But I think the stark contrast between the iris and the green actually makes them look a bit smaller than 15mm. They do the job, but they give me a more piercing look than a soft, mellowed-out doll. (I'll put up a comparison photo later. I'm lazy okay)

Comfort

10/10:) I can wear these all day without problems. I can't feel them at all, and my eyes don't get very irritated when I'm driving (which happens when I wear any kind of contacts). I can't see the color in the edge of my vision, and they move very easily. Definitely the most comfortable pair of lenses out of the ones I own!

Overall, I give them an 8/10. Great visibility, great comfort, but it lacks that natural dolly look that I really love.

In case you've never read my previous posts, I get all of my lenses from Candylens.com! Nice people, nice service, and really cute packaging. Just don't use the USPS for shipping. It takes them forever to pass through customs. Here's what they sent me:

Cute, right?! They even sent me a handwritten "thank you" card, all bear themed. So nice:) And if you've noticed, I received two pairs of lenses! A review on the other one is coming up next! Very soon. I need to wear the other ones for one more day to get a good feel for them. Thanks for reading! Bye :)

2 comments: